Re: [ST] Cost to mount tires?

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 10:53:38AM -0600, Chris Warren wrote:
> I just had new tires put on my bike by a local dealer (former Triumph
> dealer, but no longer one).  Anywho, they charged me $145 for front and
> back.  I'm curious as to how that compares to other dealers/cities.  I'm in
> a suburb of Houston.

$145?  Wow.  That sounds like highway robbery to me.

This was just for mounting/balancing?  Were the wheels on the bike?
Did you buy the tires from that dealer?  Some places will get pissy
about you bringing in mail-order tires and poke you on the mounting
costs.  If you bought the tires from that dealer at their full retail
costs, I'd think they would have cut you a break on the mounting.

For comparison, my local honda dealer up here in DFW charges me $10 cash
for tire mounting and balancing if I bring the wheels in off the bike,
but that's the cheapest I've ever heard of.  $20-40 seems more
"average".

Laters,
Brian
- --