Re: [ST] Brrrr!

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Just Daetrin wrote:

> According to the paper it was a balmy 34 degree (F) ride in
> this morning. I noticed a few things:
>
> 1. My hands, even with the heated grips running full on, were
> still a bit cold. Is it possible they're losing their heating
> ability, or is there a point at which heated gloves are needed
> in addition to heated grips?

Try the Triumph water proof gloves. They are thin,2 layers of
GoreTex type material with leather patches where you would hit
the ground. Since they are windproof and have some insulation I
find that they allow for reasonable amount of warm air to
collect in there with the heated grips. I hate wearing gloves
that are thicker than normal leather or these gloves.
Heated/winter gloves are now a non-starter. I have tried a fair
bit before I discovered heated kit, and won't go back!

> 2. This morning I was actually able to say that the lack of
> visibility due to fog was fog outside my visor rather than in
> it. That said, I can't ignore the fact that I am indeed having
> a lot of fogging problems lately. Any suggestions on
> anti-fogging compounds?

If it is external, the only thing I really do is just turn your
head to get more wind accross the screen.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson, Dallas, TX
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s
 '03 Yamaha FJR1300

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)