[ST] Aftermarket Exhaust (Already Installed, Maintenance Q's)

Hello All,

I currently have a full D & D exhaust on my bike.  I'm
not going to comment on it's quality or sound as it's
the first bike I've ever had with a full system, and
the bike sat out in the sun and rain for a long time
w/ the previous owner b4 I got ahold of it.
Anyway....

I wanna know 2 things...

If I use some mother's alum. polish and buff the rust
off certain areas as I have in the past, how do I keep
it off?  Would an application of clear coat on the
polished aluminum do the trick?  If so, where can I
find an aerosol can?  How easy is this to do?  Is this
the only solution?

Also...

How do u repack an exhaust that's end cap is riveted
on?  Am I going to be drilling?  Is drilling hard?
Once drilled and ready to reseal, do I need to rivot
again, or can I make it easier on myself and use
screws for easier access the next time?  How much for
a mechanic to do this and what would they do?

Thanks,

Bryce