[ST] ST thermometer and speedo

I saw a post on wishing the ST had a thermometer.
Yesterday my BMW plug adapter came in from Rider Warehouse along with the
nifty handle bar clip-on thermometer and compass.
The plug adapter plugged right into my Battery Tender and fir the ST
accessory socket just fine. The Battery Tender went red. Oh No! But
instantly went to green again and all was well.
Now what to do with those handle bar clip on thermometer and compass? There
is no room anywhere between he switches and mounts for them to fit. I
loosened the inside top fairing winglets. Slid one side of the semi circle
inside the winglet and the other outside. The curve fit nicely and the
inner rubber insert that came with the gauges provided protection. Aligned
both at the same distance on each side and it look fine. Tightened
everything up and they were snug and did not look out of place.
Now the speedo. Forget it. Way to small and close together along with
optimistic. use the ST site RPM vs. Speed conversion and learn with your
gearing the RPM for 35, 55, and 70 MPH. You quickly learn the RPM you need
to run and your set.
Hope somebody can use something here.

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"