Re: [ST] Forks

The forks were bent...the forktubes I'm talking about are the ones that are clamped in the Triple Trees.  They got bent in an accident awhile back...had them straightened.  Have been told that once bent they tend to bend again much easier (didn't know that when I had them straightened.)

At 11:29 AM 2/12/03 -0800, you wrote:
>How do you think they were bent?  especially w/out
>bending the forks?  Just curious.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bryce
>

>--- Lex Offer <reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Well Folks,
>>
>> Decided to do the Racetech upgrade, and have found
>> out my inner forktubes are bent.  They don't seem to
>> be creased.  So I'm thinking initially just
>> straighten them, but then have kinda decided to
>> replace them.  Anyone have to do this yet?  How much
>> are new tubes and are there fork tubes for other
>> bikes that work but are less expensive.

Lex "Digital Dawg" Offer
reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx
2000 A Green Sprint ST (but not BRG)