RE: [ST] Brrrr!

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, James Goldston wrote:

> Hey Bil,
>
> Could you provide the link or full name to the First Gear gloves you are
> referring to?  I need some cold weather gloves.  At this point, I'm not
> sure if I want to go with heated gloves or just good cold weather gloves.
> I know I need something!!!

I think they are the Voyager model:
   http://www.intersportfashions.com/products_gloves.htm#voyager

The Joe Rocket's I got because there were the only choice at the dealer
that day are the Radiant glove:
  http://www.motorcycleville.com/Joe_Rocket_Radiant_Gloves_5680.html

No real complaints, they did keep me warm and dry so far, except for the
strange angle of the visor wiper on the index fingers.  They appear to
have moved it to the thumb for the Radiant 2.0 glove.  (Anyone wanna buy
an almost new pair of Radiants?)

> Also, does anyone have any pointers on how to determine correct size?
> Also, do you know whether buying on-line and returning for a larger or
> smaller size is acceptable?  If acceptable, at what sites?

Check FG sizing guide at:
   http://www.intersportfashions.com/glove_sizing.htm

Most all sizing for gloves I've seen have you measure around the widest
point of your hand which is usually about half an inch down from where
your fingers join, or around your knuckles.  Unfortunately for me, if I
get that size right, I usually have a little to much finger left in the
glove (glove fingers too long).  So if I find a pair that do fit, I just
buy 'em!

Other gear note: First Gear seems to be discounting previous model Kenya
and Kilimanjaro jackets for anyone that's shopping.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail