[ST] Rainx wax etc.

>I use a Fog City and it works fine. You just have to be very careful
>cleaning the inside of the visor before applying it.

Paul, I wasn't sure if you were asking where to get the Fog City but it's a
thin plastic sheet that goes on the inside of a helmet visor and should be
able to get those from any bike shop that carries helmets. It forms a vapor
bubble sort of on the inside and works very well. Just be sure to have the
inside of the visor perfectly clean. I don't get any flares at night. If you
have an Arai with the vents in the visor you need that one.

For glasses about any optical shop like lenscrafters will have a spray
cleaner, anti-fog spray compatible for eye glasses and plastic lenses. That
will work on the inside of visors too but the fog city is permanent.

I went to look at my wax which is old and called the company but they are
out of business so will have to find a new source. But you can go to an
airport and at the Fixed Base Operations should be able to pick up some
plastic cleaner and polish. I've used "Prist acrylic, plastic and glass
cleaner". It's especially made for PPG for use on aircraft windshields so
will work fine on bike windshields and visors. Use cheese cloth. Don't use
anything with petroleum distillates. When cleaning a wind screen or visor
use only vertical rubbing. Any rubbing will put minute scratches on the
plastic and you can see ok with vertical one but horizontal ones will screw
up your vision especially at night and in the rain. A product called Blue
Magic is the best polish I've ever used for anything. Will polish plastic,
aluminum anything.

And while I'm on my soap box use care in what you use for general cleaning.
High PH is bad, bad, bad! Simple Green is great for cleaning Cheby engine
blocks and concrete but corrodes the hell out of aluminum and other soft
metals and not good for plastics or C/G either.
Scooters are built like airplanes with lots of aluminum, plastics and C/G
and you have to be very careful with what you use.

I apologize for being so long winded but after over 30 years in the flying
biz you pick up a few things on how to care for fragile high performance
objects.

I'm chief pilot for a corporation based in Oregon.

Happy Trails,
Don