RE: [ST] Re: Duc 999/matte black

> Flat black brings the lines of the vehicle out much better than a
> high-gloss finish does.

Certainly an interesting color. Not sure I'd be interested in it or that I
agree with your assessment. At the very most, you might be mistaken for
taking a new "prototype" for a test drive and get featured in one of the
bike rags. I can see it now, "looks like a Sprint, but has no belly pan!"

My take on this whole issue is that liking flat-black is kind of like
anchovies...either you do or you don't, and you can't really convince
others.

Actually, I do kind of like the no-belly-pan look. Did you do anything to
finish it off, or did you just pull off the panels? I've been toying with
the possibility pulling off the side panels and keeping the belly pan just
to see how it looks.

Peter Chittum - '01 BRG Sprint ST
San Jose, CA, USA