[ST] fjr, again

I will say one thing about the FJR, it is obvious, with the fact
that Yamaha has decided to fix almost all of the nits after a
single year of production for the US market.

Watching the racetech/Ohlins threads go buy, I can only think
that Triumph is letting the Sport Touring market go away. I can
understand Triumph wanting to open up other markets, but, at the
same time, they are allowing the ST to become old.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my ST, but when it got totalled, it
was not worth the difference in price to stay with Triumph.

Hands down, and I have said this before, If they could have sold
me a Daytona engined, Daytona suspened 3 bag ST for 13,000 OTD,
I would have not even stepped into the Yamaha dealership.

But as it stands, I now have a more comfortable ride, that is
more confidence inspiring in the corners and faster of the line
than the ST, exactly the same as the Daytona!

And no I don't mean to dis everyone's STs, they are great bikes,
they are just a half generation older than the FJR, Triumph is
just not keeping up on that end of the business. And have I said
before, I wish they had!

regards,
Tom

 Thomas Emberson, Dallas, TX
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s
 '03 Yamaha FJR1300

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)