Re: [ST] Race-Tech

I have an '02 RS.  I weigh 225 as well.  I set up the sustension
following suggestions from T595.net.  That made the front too stiff so I
backed off a little on the front preload.  As delivered, the rear was
WAY too soft and it is now set 7 clicks from max.  The front is showing
3 preload "rings", barely.  I'm certainly not dissatisfied.  The bike
responds well to bumps, it seems balanced in front to rear stiffness
Both ends respond about equally when I bounce on the seat.  And it no
longer feals squirrelly in a hard turn.

How would I know if a Race-tech fork kit would help?  What do you get
from the mods?  I use the bike for commuting, local mountain roads at a
non-stupid, quick pace and moderate distance touring.

Mike Patzius wrote:
> I am one of the people who has done the Race Tech springs in the front
> and left the rear shock alone.  Before the springs were upgraded I had
my preload cranked all the way down and the front
> still was way to under sprung for my weight.  I weigh 225 with out
> gear.

- --
John
'02 RS