[ST] Race Tech and Ohlins

Add me to the list of folks who just did the front and love it.  The
improvement is amazing. The only problem is that in order to get the
proper geometry, the OEM shock is max-ed at pre-load and CD. When I do
the rear end, I intend to use a Penske at the suggestion of the tech who
helped me sort the forks, because of several customer service related
issues mentioned earlier  (ie:Parts Unlimited) and the fact that for the
less money, the Penske is height adjustable as well, something Ohlins
only makes available for their Daytona shock.  Were it not for some rear
ride height issues I'm experiencing, I'd order an Ohlins from Kroon and
be done with it. (Don't want to start the "will they or won't they"
debate again, they will, just don't ask them if they will because the
are suppose to say they can't.  Just go to the web site and order it and
it will come.  And MAKE SURE you specify your weight and riding style or
you'll get a shock sprung and valve for a 150lb rider, just like OEM)  I
have the same model on my F650 and love it, along with R/T Springs and
Gold Valve.

David
'99ST