[ST] FJR... apples/oranges

I was paying my 2.00/us gal and was talking with a guy
that was abord a FJR, I spoke to him for a few
minutes. He was definatly in love with this bike. Its
a very well thought out and put together machine. Its
easy to see how someone could love one. He reports
real world milage to be less than his Saturn SL1. He
seemed shocked that I actually get 45-50 w/the
aftermarket can.

The point here is that neither the ST or the FJR is
for everyone. If I had it in my mind to race against
one I would go through the basic suspension mods
discussed on this list. It really is a nicely done
machine. IMHO it falls into the catagory of UJM, it
fails to touch my soul, its appearance is bland and
common. The added HP is probably nice but I would
NEVER consider trading off my precious ST for anything
less than/other than a BMW or some such creation. Even
then I would probably keep them both. The people I
ride with have everything from HD road kings,
Sportsters, KLRs, VFRs, SV650s,S3s,998s etc.... so
what a person chooses to ride means nothing to me as
long as they enjoy it.

I dont want to sacrifice style, fuel milage, awesome
EFI, hardcore reilability, and the insurance savings.
I love my ST and there is STILL nothing on the market
I would rather have as an only bike and ride across
the states each year.

OH, to the lister that owns the FJR (and all other
listers regardless or steed), if you ever make it to
western WA, shoot me an email, we'll ride!!.

Tony Burke
00 ST