RE: [ST] Double Damn!

> > In
> > the end, it came to ~$650 as they used less labor than
> > originally quoted, and they were able to
>
> Did that $650 include the new D220's?

No

> What did that $650 include??????

Everything costs more in CA.

> Okay, if that included new fork oil, lube of the swing arm
> bearing, new plugs, air filter, throttle body sync, new tune,
> CO2 setup and the valves, then maybe. But I have not yet heard
> of a 12k include all of those.

I'd have to double check, but I believe it included all of the
aforementioned items. I scanned the service checklist when I picked the bike
up, and except for the oil change items (which I did myself), everything was
checked. I considered doing the fork oil myself, but decided I wouldn't
worry about it. Plus, after all the talk that's been going on, I'm pretty
sure I'll racetech my front end sometime in the next 6-12 months.

> So you liked the 220's?

I'm no connoisseur of tires, and have only had it up in the mountains a
couple of times since switching to them, but yeah, so far, so good. The one
thing I dislike is that the front really picks up the water channels on
concrete freeway surfaces, so I probably won't go back to them after this. I
think I'll try the Avon sport tourers next. Their tread pattern looks like
it wouldn't react as much to that type of highway surface. I do a lot of
freeway driving (~60 miles per day), so having a tire that doesn't wobble on
the freeway is pretty important to me.

Peter Chittum - '01 BRG Sprint ST
San Jose, CA, USA