[ST] The New thread !

I hope I was not responsible for starting the antagonism on the ST FJR issue ! Certainly was not my intention. I did not cast any accusations nor did I say what was a better bike, I was merely trying to point out that we should all respect each others rights or choice, that what was not perfect could be changed and throw a little bit of understanding towards the manufacturer and their dilemma in satisfying the markets broad demands. I think Triumphs success has been attributed to significantly by the fact that they "have not" sought to simply compete with other brands, rather develop their own market and in the process outsell BMW in pure numbers. Not a bad achievement in 10 years.

Some of us are driven by the pursuit of the next best thing (I respect and understand that and my riding buddy is such a person) and others strive to own "their" perfect bike and once achieved, are happy to enjoy for many years what it delivers with a quite ignorance to what new temptations are provided in future releases (probably my category). Both are justified in their opinions and choices as they are exactly that, "their" choices. I just don't see the sense in discussions that portray a statement like "the X bike is better than the Y bike even if it is prefaced with IMHO. These are simply opinions held by that person and have no foundation other than a personal preference and should be taken as such. I can understand someone saying I have purchased X bike because it suits "my needs or expectations" better than the Y bike.  I guess that is the essence of what Tom was saying, be was just getting passionate about his new love (right Tom). To say something has a better motor or better suspension or better styling etc is simply an opinion one holds and there can be no basis of comparison, because the only point of reference you can measure against is an opinion formed by a person experience (your personal experience).

I sold an Aprilia Falco to get the ST. I no longer participate in that Forum nor see the need or benefit in me espousing my views to those on that Forum as to why I changed from the bike that they all love and I have chosen another over. They don't want/need someone telling them that someone else thinks the bike they bought is better than the one they had. That is obvious, otherwise everyone would be riding Aprilia Falco's. So I joined the TriumphST forum so I could learn more about the bike (including it's shortcomings) and tell everyone that I love the ST that I now have in my garage and still sneak out at night and look at her in the garage and Saturday can't roll around fast enough !!!!!!!! :-)

I'll shut up now and get back to reality.......... looks like the Race Tech Conversion makes a great bike even greater. Think I'll put a few miles in before I investigate further and the Wife has her eye on a Corbin seat as the first priority anyway. I can also sing the praises of the Staintune after market pipe for anyone looking for a very nice engine note.

Safe riding to you all and the above rantings are of course only IMHO :-)

Trevor