[ST] New Indianapolis Dealer Coming

Went by the Indianapolis bike show today and the Indian dealer had a Sprint
ST on display with the Indians.  Had been hearing rumors that a new dealer
was imminent and stopped to talk.

The rumors were correct, Indian of Greenwood will be picking up the Triumph
line.  They have an initial order of 17 bikes coming and will be a full
service dealer.  They have some techs now they but need to be trained by the
factory so they aren't planning on opening up the Triumph line until the
first of April.  This is great news as it's a three hour ride to the only
other Indiana dealer (Evansville).  If I remember correctly Greenwood Indian
is owned by Lockhart (major car dealer in Indianapolis) so they should have
the money to do things right.

In conversation with Gene Tomey, General Manager, he mentioned they will be
expanding the dealership to add room for the new line but it wouldn't be
complete until next year.  These guys are fairly knowledgeable on the
Indians but don't know too much about the new Triumphs.  I'd encourage
anyone in the area to drop by, introduce yourselves,  and discuss future
plans with Gene.  I committed to dropping by discussing Triumphs and the
future direction I'd like to see.  They hadn't even heard the rumors about
the 1300 Daytona and the Trophy replacement.  Education is needed.

I'd already decided to purchase the K1200GT beemer since I didn't have a
local Triumph dealer so maybe now the Trophy replacement has a chance of
being in my garage (and saving me about $7000 or so).  We'll see.

The dealership will be at 1287 S. U.S. 31, Greenwood.  Tel:  (317) 865-1550.
Drop by when you get a chance, we need a permanent dealer in Indy.

On to riding concerns.  At the Chicago show I bought a complete set of
Gerbings, jacket liner, pants liner, gloves, and socks!  And wouldn't you
know it, we've have snow and ice ever since.  Dang it, I'm living up to my
name.

Don Payne
JinxDawg
indysprint@xxxxxxxxxxx