[ST] Polishing or Chroming with an underseat exhaust

Has anyone polished or chromed the wheels on thier ST?
 I have just finished installing a PipeLine underseat
exhaust on my Orange Pearl '99 ST, hence why my old CF
can is up on eBay at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2405262756

Now the very dull and black rims tend to stick out (or
rather -- don't stick out).  I'd really like to
accentuate the back rim and SSSA.

Anyone polish the frame and rims?  How about polishing
the frame and sending the rims out to be chromed?  If
not, does anyone know what metal the rims are
(Magnesium, Aluminum, etc?)