[ST] Re: Helmet Penalty (was Aaaaah Warmth)

I think Roof is actually undergoing DOT certification

>>> ericsg@xxxxxxxxx 01/16/03 02:27PM >>>
> Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:16:00 -0800
> From: peter.chittum@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [ST] Aaaaah Warmth
>
> Oh yeah. Picked up a Roof Diversion helmet while in the UK. So far,
I'm
> quite pleased. Next I'll have to do some research about just what
the
> penalty is for riding with a non-DOT certified helmet.
>
> Cheerio.
>
> Peter Chittum - '01 BRG Sprint ST
> San Jose, CA, USA

Well, in Oregon, if the helmet isn't DOT approved then the law says
it's as
if you're not wearing one.  A class D infraction with about a $100
fine.
Also, your insurance company will surely decline paying any medical
expenses
if you're involved in an accident and not wearing an "approved"
helmet.

 *   *