[ST] Re: Avons

In a message dated 1/16/03 11:55:49 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Cycle World gave a glowing report on Avon's Azaro-ST (AV45/46) in
>  the current issue.  Anyone try them?  Impressions?

I have a matched set sitting in the garage.  Not sure if your interested in
my impressions as I run them on a "Guzzi".  I've been running Azaro's on the
bike since I took the stockers off.  20,000 miles ago.  I also ran them on
the ST. I loved the tires except for the mileage.  The new ones are supposed
to be better.  I talked at length with Avon guy on the phone (worth a call) I
have always wondered why everyone says go with the tire pressures in the
manual, after switching brands.  He said forget the manual unless you are
running the tires they tested.  He recommended pressures for my bike and the
type of riding I do, Based on the testing they have conducted.  They also
make a tire which was targeted for the ST1100-1300, It has a thicker tread
for increased mileage.  This is the rear I went with.  Just by looking, the
front is shaped totally different from the old tire more of a V shape not
rounded.  This is supposed to give a quicker turn in.
Later,

David (Bird Dawg) Viosca
00 V11s, "Kermit"
99st, "RIP"