Re: [ST] Re: Duc 999/matte black

In a previous email, John Petrey, Jr. stated:
 > At 08:22 AM 1/19/2003 -0500, Ken Mitchell wrote:
 >(Futura)
 >> I saw it at that show in 100% flat black. Now there's a motorcycle
 >> to make ME puke.
 >
 > Why do mfr's even offer this color? Several do & I'm at a loss as to
 > who thinks this non-color is desirable.  Guys that don't like flashy
 >  graphics, etc??

My feelings on this:
1) If "several" mfr's make bikes in this color then it must be selling.
2) It must be selling more than those "Nuclear Red" Speed Triples that
are no longer made.
3) Speaking of puke, what about "Roulette Green?" Doesn't Motoguzzi have
a similar color? Who wants to look like they are riding a Kawasaki? It
reminds me of this butt ugly "Puke Green" '71 Ford Comet that my father
had. We called it the "Vomit." Thank god my mother put that thing out of
my misery one day on I-84 in East Hartford, CT. He replaced the car with
a "Piss Yellow" '71 Mustang. My father had no taste in car colors. My
parent's even had this hideous orange shag carpet in their bedroom. But
I digress.
4) Street fighters, such as the Ducati Monster, look great in matte
black. It adds to their grittiness. (Is that a real word?)
5) Matte black gives bikes that stealth fighter look.
6) I, depending on the bike, would not be opposed to owning a matte
black bike. And, no, I don't like flashy graphics. I also don't like
Microsoft, the New York Yankees and George Bush (either one).

IMHO The worst color choice for a particular bike is the yellow
Goldwing. Can you say "School Bus?" Can you say "Taxi Cab?" Holy shite!
What were THEY thinking?

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Say, I like the color of your car there. What's that s'posed to be?
Sort of a cross between piss yella' and puke green ain't it?"
                    -- Harrison Ford in "American Graffiti"