[ST] new seat

G'day,
I just purchased a new touring seat  for the ST.
So far an hour in the saddle gave me enough input through the bum to realize
the seat is a lot more comfy than stock.(I had my stock seat altered but
still not happy with it)
Seat height is increased slightly as my knee no longer came into contact
with the left fairing.(annoying)
I felt like I was sitting on top of the seat though & it took a bit of
getting used to, The seat had a sort of bounce to it, that's not to say you
were thrown off the seat, it was within the padding.The big worry was the
seam around the gel part of the seat cutting into the inner thigh but it
wasn't noticed on this short strop. The cover is also dimpled & there was
less tendency to slip forward.
A long weekend (Australia day) hopefully will see a longer test with Linda
able to give me some input into passenger comfort.
Don and Linda
Malanda

End of st-digest V2002 #772