RE: [ST] Head Gasket Seepage

Steve wrote:

> I took the body work off this weekend and with just 9000
> miles of not very hard riding I have a pretty good line of
> oil seepage from the head gasket. Anyone else have this going
> on?  Would this be normal? should I be worried?

My '02 Speed Triple has a slight oil weep from the right hand side of
the head gasket too. I've spoken to my dealer and they've agreed to
replace the head gasket under warranty. I don't see any oil leaks as
acceptable and I would be talking to my dealer about it if I was you.
Sometimes all that is needed is for the external head bolts to be
re-tensioned, so you could try that option first.

Phil
'02 S3