RE: [ST] RE: Plasti-Shield (was Front mudguard extension)

Someone in our local RAT club found an easier solution.

  Lockhart also makes a clear plastic sheet that sticks on that you can
  cut to any shape. I use a piece of clear Static vinyl on my bike you
  have seen what I use on the tank for a tank protector, Terry, it is the
  same stuff. Take it off to wash and stick it back on. Sort of like
  the Nascar peel off windshield except static charged. I went to a
  local sign company and got a piece of scrap for nothing and used it.
  A lot less work and Cheap too that is what I like about it.

I'm off in search of a sign company who will sell me a piece unless someone
know a store where the stuff is sold.  I prefer the static stick on stuff
to the 3M film.  I had 3M film (or something similar) on the lower fairing
on my Goldwing.  Over time, the film got nicked, turned slightly yellow,
etc.  I did not look forward to removing it and sticking on another.
Something thicker that you can put on/take off at will seems to be a better
solution..

I'll be building a plexiglas shield to cover that area of the rear
suspension that the rear mudder doesn't cover.  Good to know that Plexiglas
is so easy to work with.

James in Knoxville, Tennessee
 '02 Red ST