[ST] for Peter - fuel leak

 >>> As there was still nothing obviously leaking I opted for home.
Risky, I know, and the whole way, I'm just waiting for flames to come
shooting out the sides of the fairing. <<<

    It's a common misconception that a fuel leak on a bike presents a
risk of fire but it has no basis in fact.  There's nothing on an
engine, even dripping on a hot exhaust, that will set off a mixture
with the possible exception of a backfire.  The greatest danger is a
loose fuel cap that leaks fuel onto your crotch,... try spraying your
private parts with Raid for an approximate simulation.  =8o)
Most long-time dirt bike riders have ridden hundreds of miles with
fuel leaks.  At one time it was so common as to be ubiquitous.

                                     doggydoo   - - - o&\o