Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:40:50 -0700
From: peter.chittum@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Fuel leak and windscreen

You see, this past Friday, I was on my way home from work. I was stopped at
a light and I was sure that I smelled gas. Having heard and seen pics of
this little flaw in our bike, I was immediatly suspicious, but there was
nothing on the ground, so I continued. At the next light, I still smelled
it, this ruled out to me the possibility that it was one of the cars around
me. I debated stopping there and calling for a tow, and heading home. As
there was still nothing obviously leaking I opted for home. Risky, I know,
and the whole way, I'm just waiting for flames to come shooting out the
sides of the fairing.

I got home, and the smell was still just as strong. I got my fiancé to come
outside and have take a wiff (she has a remarkably good sense of smell). As
she steps out of the house, still a good 10 feet away from my bike, she
says, "what's burning?" That is a bit alarming. I ask her to get close and
take a wiff, she smells the gas, too.

Cheers.
Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST