[ST] Top Box Help

Well, I finally broke down and bought a Triumph top box.  I finished
putting it together earlier this evening and went out to the garage to see
how it fit.  Well at first I couldn't get the front of the top box to slide
over the front of the luggage rack.  A little adjustment and now that fits
fine.  My question concerns the back of the box locking onto the back of
the luggage rack.  It doesn't want to go down all the way so the "slide"
won't fit under the luggage rack.  I'm a little leery of forcing it.  I
have a tendency to break things by using too much force (my wife will
readily agree).

Does anybody have any suggestions?  I'm going to ask my dealer tomorrow but
wanted to get your opinions too.

I'm mounting it on a 2002 ST.

TIA.

George