RE: [ST] Spam

This explains a lot. Sounds like it's not a spam problem, rather it's a
virus problem. I've gotten two suspicious messages related to this virus.

First was an auto-response from some other email address saying that I had
sent them an address with a "suspicious" file. Second was an email from
someone else, with the stated subject below. Fortunately, the antivirus
software had scrubbed off the virus file prior to my reading it.

It seems to me that someone from the list quite likely has a virus on their
personal PC. A virus can quite easily sift through old messages and poach
email addresses off of To: and From: lines of emails.

I'd suggest that everyone on the list take some time to update anti-virus
software and run a full sweep on their systems. I just downloaded the latest
definition file yesterday and I'll run it today or tonight on my machine
just to be sure.

Hasta.

Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST