[ST] SPAM in your ST list email

Howdy Mike,

	I too hate getting so much SPAM. However please be aware, that
you can have an email address, NEVER use it at all, and still the
spammers can find it based on the mail server address. About the only
way to prevent this is to run your very own personal mail server on
your own physical hardware. However, even if you were to go to such
extremes, there is nothing that prevents a spammer from signing up on
the list and then harvesting email address from either the direct
emails sent by the list or from digests sent by the list.

	I too have tried using a single email address for a specific
purpose. About the only thing it accomplishes is that it takes a little
longer for the spammers to find the address. So far, I have not had a
single address that did not eventually succumb. :-(

	What is really getting bad for me is FAX spamming. Every day I
get home and have several spam faxes waiting for me. This is pissing me
off because I have to pay for that paper. Unfortunately, because of my
work, my fax has to be ready to receive 24hrs a day whether I am there
or not. Needless to say, I am going through a lot of paper. I hate
clammoring for another law to be passed but something has got to be
done about this overwhelming abuse of unsolicited spam: faxed, emailed,
snail mailed or otherwise!!

Adios,

- --
Scott "Jap Dawg" Friday
98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2001 Honda VFR 800 Fi His in Red
1998 Honda VFR 800 Fi Hers in Blue - RED BODYWORK FOR SALE!!

http://BackroadMotorcycleTours.com/
http://sfriday.com/