[ST] Cracked ST Exhaust!!!

I have a 1999 Sprint ST that has covered over 28 thousand miles and I have
owned from new.

While washing my bike the other day I noticed a rather large crack on the
exhaust pipe. (not the end can, just passed it by about 4-6 inches)

The crack was around the bracket that holds the rubber bump stop for the
centre stand (main stand) and bolts onto the frame and it had almost gone
full circle around the circumference of the pipe.

Luckily I have a friend who is a stainless steel welder who do did the job
for me after I had taken the exhaust off the bike (What a job that turned
out to be)

This is just a quick note to everyone to check their ST's as it would be
interesting to see if anyone else has had this problem.

I'll upload some pictures when I can get my digital camera working.

- --
Rig
www.RigsVille.co.uk