RE: [ST] Time for new ZG DB

original message:

>Steve,
>
>The only thing I've got to say is that for every rule, there is an
>exception.  And you always seem to be it.
>
>BTW - when are you traveling west?  I still owe you at least one beer for
>the ST grab rail.
>
>Rich Marcus
>'01 Sapphire Blue ST (T2)

Well thanks Rich, I will take that to mean I must be "exceptional"  :]]

but that ain't the half of it....................... check out my latest
adventure below.  I swear I ain't making this stuff up, it's been going on
for 30+ years.  Someday I will tell y'all some of my H1 stories.

So yesterday on my way to work..................

OK, I finally have my bike a back together, better than new.  Looks great,
running strong, life is relatively good.  So, I decide to ride her to work.
It's really nice here in Dallas right a sunrise, a cool  72 degrees, and the
clouds on the horizon have an orange tint.  I am blasting up the far left
lane on N. Central Expressway headed north.  My exit for Forest Lane is
coming up so I move one lane right, closing in on some old white sedan
ahead.  It's about 50 feet in front of me and my intent is to continue to
move over another two lanes to make my exit.  Right then is when it happens.
  Out from UNDER the sedan comes the evil dreaded, Smiley bag.  And, yes, it
is the genuine article, light blue  Wal-Mart encrusted, yellow smilin'
devil.  It's trajectory is, of course, on a direct intersect with my face!!!
  Ya know, in these type circumstances things happen very fast.  But at the
same time you have a lot of time to ponder the situation.  For instance, I
could see the bag, plain as day, the "face" was pointed up and towards me
and was rotating just slightly counterclockwise as it levitated from the
tarmac headed right for me, I was almost hypnotized by it's graceful
approach, almost.......  At the very last moment I turned my head and ducked
down to the right and just felt/sensed the smiley demon graze the left side
of my helmet.  Immediately I sat back up in the saddle, in just an instant
it was all over, the whole encounter took maybe 3 seconds.  So much for
"force fields", thank the Lord for quick reflexes.  So be careful folks,
they're still out there, lurking, just waiting for an inattentive rider to
come along,,,,,,,  .......(queue "Jaws" music)...........

Duncan
Dallas
2K-ST 2-Tone

ps, Rich, no travelling west this time.  Family health issue has got me
sticking close to home for the foreseeable future, had to cancel my
Cali/Colo trip.  May be out after the first of the year.