Re: [ST] Top Box Help

The case initially fits pretty tight and I think this puts too much
stress on the plastic buttons. This is another area that could see a
design improvement. I don't take mine on and off a lot, but I already
had to replace the buttons once. That held it for awhile, but enough
of them have broken off again that the case now rattles pretty bad.
Some day when I'm home thinking abut it I'll try and see if there is
a simple way to fix it, because Triumph doesn't sell the buttons, you
have to buy the whole bottom case.

>I hate to say this, but my top box installation was just like the gearbox
>... it took awhile to loosen up, and I had to _almost_  force it the first
>few times.  All I can say is that the two (top box & rack) aren't exactly
>matched (imagine that) and it's going to take some coercing to get it right.
>Maybe the front part of the box is holding up the rear or something like
>that. To get mine on, I slide the front over, and then I give the rear
>handle some weight while pulling out the 'slider' ... works most of the
>time.

- --
Matt Knowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643