Re: [ST] RE: the fuel thread...

Close, but no cigar.  There is no conversion from RON to MON - both are
determined values.  Unfortunately, Triumph only provides the RON  of
95.  Without knowing the MON (you have to test for this), you cannot
calculate the (R+M)/2.   Although 89 is probably a good guess. Check out
the following site:  http://www.osbornauto.com/racing/octane.htm.  As a
suggestion, if you're running premium, try mid-range.  If it knocks, go
back to premium.  The former owner of my 01 ST ran regular.