[ST] random stupid acts

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, STeve Duncan wrote:

> But take heart, I do some really dumb things too, and am not
> afraid to tell the world about it. What the hell, if you can't
> laugh at yourself, you probably don't laugh much at all.

STeve,

Good suggestion, best seft imposed stupid act.

My best is when I moved down here. Fog got really heavy as I was
heading south on the Blue Ridge Parkway. So I pulled over at an
exit to take a look at the map. As you know, the BRP does not
really have great shoulders, so I wound up on the grass, so I
would not get hit. Anyway, got off the bike, got out the map,
decided the exit where I was would work, put away the map, and
time to get going.

Hoped on the bike, and, well, as the ground had a bit of a
slope, away from the road, the bike was somewhat upright. My
weight on the bike, with the side stand down caused the bike to
pass center. And of course, on the wet grass my right foot slid.
2 choices, hernia, or go with it. And luckily I had not started
the bike.

So I went with it, in slow motion the bike and I went over, I
rolled half way down the hill. Laughing my arse off. Got up,
went to the bike, pulled off the soft luggage on the passenger
seat, lifted the bike to find no damage :-)

Oh well, life goes on.

cheers,
Tom

 Thomas Emberson, Dallas, TX
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s
 '03 Yamaha FJR1300

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)