[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #1101

In a message dated 7/11/03 9:58:11 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Hello Ken and All:
    The Factory headlight switch has three settings:
All lights, front and rear off.
"Third eye" on & tail light on.
Main beams & "Third Eye" and rear lights.
    I live in the centre of a BIG city. Sometimes we get caught in traffic
jams. It makes no sense to sit with your headlights on when you aren't moving or
are moving at a crawl. Other times you might want to warm up the bike or wait
for someone on the shoulder of the highway. Why drain your battery? Why do
you think that Triumph makes such a part for the rest of their production?
Regards,
Howard Stephen Serlick
'00 Blue ST- 25,700+ miles
Philadelphia     >>

Plus, it is very cool, to be able to roll up, a little late, for a group
Triumph ride, with just the third eye on. But seriously, folks, I do find mine
handy when installing electrical gadgets, or doing other fiddling,  in the
garage, to be able to have the ignition on, and the lights off, and thus not overly d
eplete the battery.
In addition I can imagine, if one was having starting problems, (not that I
ever have) to be able to crank over the starter for a long time, without
putting any additional drain on the battery. Dave Collins, San Diego