[ST] Feels like a new bike, continued

I think one of the major benefits of my decisions to do my head repair
myself, is the overcoming of the fear of taking my bike apart. It was not
nearly as complicated as I thought and in fact, I enjoyed the experience.
While there are lots of wires and tubes to deal with, the design of the bike
is fascinating and fun to work with. I feel proud to own such a work of art.
I also feel much more in touch with the bike having a deeper knowledge of
its inner workings. I am looking forward to performing more work, such as
the throttle sync, rebuilding the front forks, taking apart the rear swing
arm assembly to lube the pivot points. This brings up an idea I think needs
mentioning on this site. The BMW crowd organizes what they call tech days.
At these events they find mechanical experts (mostly just regular riders who
do their own maintenance) and gather at some volunteer's house teach each
other how to do mostly routine maintenance. This includes valve adjustments,
throttle synchronizing, zero-to-zero synchronizing, body panel removal,
cable lube and replacement, tire changing. Many times the riders perform
their scheduled maintenance at these events. I am wondering if this could
work for this group. Typically the beemer guys will travel a days ride to
attend one of these, such as from the SF area to southern CA. I was thinking
there could be a SF bay area tech day if there was any interest, or maybe
Sacramento?
Mike Benzon
Burney CA