RE: [ST] Slipper clutch

I appreciate you folks being gentle.  No one's cursed me yet. :)  I have a
beating coming for doing that (and will if my spousal unit ever finds out)
and could have caused serious injury to someone else if they had been
occupying the same space at the same time.

Yes, my understanding is that a slipper clutches is to clutches as ABS are
to brakes.  (No, I don't care for ABS.)  You might want to call a slipper
clutch "The Idiot's Guide to Downshifting." :)  Racers can use it in ways
that us mortals can't.  Still, regular people can find functional uses for
them, too.  No, I  almost certainly won't get one, bit doing the idiot thing
sure made me wish I had one installed just that once.

I rode an Aprilia Tuono at the Honda Hoot a few weeks ago.  The Aprilia
folks reminded the group that it had a slipper clutch on it.  I planned on
trying it out but just forgot.

James
 '02 ST