RE: [ST] Gas Tank Covers/Protectors

Also FWIW, I use the Triumph carbon fiber tank shield for the front of the
tank and 2 Cell Mates for the sides.  I remove the cell mates every so
often, gently wash them in soap and water, let them dry, then slap them back
on the tank (right where my knees touch).  They are about 4 1/4 x 6 3/4
inches in size and hold on kind of like magic (it's not static electricity
as they don't attach when they're dirty, they're kind of pseudo-sticky).
They are about 1/16" in depth and are kind of like a soft rubber mat.

I first saw them at a computer store checkout line.  They were a lot more
expensive than I would have paid ($5-7?).  They are advertised as something
to slap on your cage dashboard and put your glasses, cell phone, pencil,
etc. on and they just hold them there.  My company decided to put our logo
on them and use them as trinkets to give away at shows, etc.

They work great!  I can hold on to the tank with my knees and remover them
whenever I want.  They don't suffer from wax buildup at the edges like
things like the 3M sheets will do. Anyway, I like 'em.  I would add caution,
however, this is kind of like the $4 washer alternative to the $100
Throttlemeister. :)  Ok, somebody hit me!  Can you get the picture here?
Yeah, sometimes I squeak when I walk.

Enjoy riding today!
James '02 Sprint

PS.  On a somewhat related topic, I finally got to lay my eyes on the Andrew
Kay (Riders of the Lost Empire, www.lostempire.com).  Yeah, he really exists
and he's an old guy just like me!  I showed him my knee pads and recommended
he think about doing the same thing as my company and use them as stocking
stuffers, etc.  I am supposed to get him the info so he can look into it.  I
would definitely use one with his logo on it if he sent me one.  He came up
here to look at some property and the KRATs (Knoxville RATs) showed him
around a bit.  Welcome to East Tennessee, Andy!