From: Just Daetrin [mailto:daytrip90@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 9:06 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Wheelie bikes

You know I'm all for fun on a bike, but what I saw yesterday morning
surpised the heck out of me.  On my way to work - so this is I-405 in
Seattle in morning rush hour - coming at me in the opposing carpool lane I
saw some guy on a red Honda (not sure which kind) pop his bike into a
wheelie.  Not just for a quick second, but sustained past the point he got
out of my range of vision.

What kind of nutter does a wheelie in morning rush hour traffic at 70mph?  I

have no problem with people taking their lives into their hands, e.g. doing
this when no one else is around, but it makes me angry and sad that some
people can have no concern for others' safety.