Re: [ST] 99 vs 02 differences/observations

At 23:10 18/07/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Yep. That would be an advantage of using a dipstick. Straddle it it upright,
>and bend over to pull the stick out to read. You can even carry it to better
>light.

That's what I did do originally. However, because so little oil affects the
level, it's easy to see how a few degrees out from the vertical would
change the "observed" oil level. I must admit that I topped up using the
straddling method and then put the bike on the center stand and re-measured
it. There wasn't a lot in it. Now that I have a "reference point" I
generally use the center stand approach cos I'm lazy and would hate to drop
it while bending over to unscrew the dipstick.

Am I the only T6 owner then that has a bike using a little oil? (Approx.
100mls every 1500 miles - so that's not really "using". It might be what
I'm wiping off the dip stick while checking it? ;-) )I guess that's the
gamble I took with an ex-demo bike ....

- - Spud.