Re: [ST] Re: Radar Love

>From: "Marc Danziger" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>So I'm thinking about going for radar detection, and I'm trying to think
>about how to mount it. It seems that there are three options:

OK, here is a novel idea for ya.  I mounted my detector inside the front
faring directly below the headlight.  If you look closely, there is a shelf
made by the faring there that has a very nice spot for the radar detector.
I used 3M Dual Lock (NOT velcro) to hold the unit in place.  It works great
with no degradation of front or rear detection.  One warning though, do NOT
forget your detector is there and go wash the bike.  :)

And to answer the inevitable questions.  I used a ear phone extension cord
and Radio Shack earbud to hear the warnings and I ran a cig plug power
adaptor to an extra plug in (one of two) mounted in the cockpit.  To me,
radar visual warnings are useless on a motorcycle.  You need to be
concentrating on the ROAD, especially at speed, not on some black box
outside your field of vision.  AND this mounting is pure stealth.  Try
talking your way out of a ticket with a detector stuck on top of your
tankbag in plain sight.  Not.

duncan
dallas
2K-ST