Re: [ST] Who has ridden both an RS/ST?

>to me: the ST just felt much bigger and cumbersome
>after two years on the RS. I am positive that the feeling
>was totally one of perception; because of the much more
>massive fairing, the bike felt much bigger, and that feeling
>carried over into perceived handling.  I was very happy to
>get the RS back!
>
>Just MHO; YMMV, of course.
>
>-Keith
>'00 RS

OK, Bryce, my perspective on the ST/RS ( and Trophy) comparo.  Then I will
answer no more of your questions  :)))

Keith is spot on, from his perspective, IMO.  BUT let me give the same POV
from the other side.  I had a 98 trophy 1200 before buying the ST.  The ST
was a much better fit for me, more agile, quicker in transition and still
good wind protection.  I have had the opportunity to ride an RS loaner for
quite a few miles over the last few years while my ST was in for service
(thanks to a great local dealer).  this has ranged from single day, to week
long stints.  My thoughts on the RS;  same feeling motor (should as it is
the same), quicker steering but for me it feels a bit spindly, less
substantial.  Some may say that's an advantage, I don't.  The cockpit looks
downright cheap, unfinished, compared to the ST.  Wind protection is
minimal.  If your plan on multi-day trips (I do alot)  the RS will leave you
wishing for more faring (esp. in the cold or the rain).  So I guess it
depends on your intended use.  If it's mostly day rides, the RS is a gas,
fast, quick and superbly confident.  If it's also more LD riding then the ST
is the bomb.

Now if your really want a comfortable Triumph that will kick ass on almost
ANY pure sportbike, go find yourself a Speed Triple.  Those fu$#ers rock!
I've spend a few miles on those as well.

And, all you RS guys, NO OFFENSE, just my take having spent time on both
bikes (and about a dozen others over 34 yrs of riding like I had a death
wish)  <g>

duncan
dallas
2K-ST