Re: [ST] Who has ridden both an RS/ST?

Bryce,

My humble opinion is that you can't go wrong with the ST, RS or the TT.
It's all about your riding style and personal preference.  I've had the
opportunity to ride all three but the RS is my one and only.  If you're a
touring guy (long distance, that is) who likes to carve from time to time,
the ST is your bike.  Between the hard bags, bigger fairing and more
comfortable ergos it's got the RS hands down.  If you're a carver who likes
to tour a little (like me) then you could go with either the RS or the TT.
Both can have soft luggage, have decent range and carve up the nearest
canyon or mountain with any bike out there.  The RS has a much more flexible
engine and can be ridden lazily without shifting to maximize power, the TT
really loves to live above 8 or 9k and the top end rush is pretty sick, but
the low end is like a lawn mower.  Ergos are about the same on both with the
RS having a slight edge and being a little roomier from what I remember of
the TT.  Personally I'd pick the RS over the TT, I'm lazy.

Last, but not least, this is your last chance to buy a new RS.  As far as I
can tell it's done.  I say this for a couple of reasons: one, Triumph didn't
even bother to import it into the states for 03 because of the number of
left-over 02's, two in Europe they added the single sided swing arm.  What
does the SSSA have to do with it, well, I think that it signals that they've
stopped production/buying the parts that make the RS different from the ST
in an effort to use up the last bits of RS that they've got.  The RS has
never really had a home so while it is sad I think that it's the right thing
for Triumph.

Hope that helps,

Nate
00SprintRS

P.s. Sorry to hear about the ST, a lot of effort for very little enjoyment,
but you're okay and that's all that really matters.