[ST] Fuel gauge surprise !

Hi
Took my ST out yesterday. As usual the yellow fuel light was on and the gauge showing empty, like it has been for the last two years. It went faulty shortly after the warranty but I couldn't be bothered replacing it.
I filled up with fuel and about 5 minutes later noticed that the light was out and the gauge showing full. It remained like that for the rest of the day even after stopping the bike for an hour or so. Does this mean it's fixed itself ???? Anyone else had this ?

Regards

Col

Col