Re: [ST] Front Sprocket Washer

> Does anyone know the part number of the golden washer [brass?] that has the
> tabs which fold over the front sprocket nut?  The microfilm at my dealer
> calls out a PN of a washer which is not the one on my 2000 RS.  Personally,
> I'd prefer to have the tabs fold over the nut for added security that it
> won't come off.

I think I've read that the one installed at the factory is NOT necessarily the same one they sell. I just changed front sprockets on my 2002 RS and the factory washer *was* the same as the one I bought, but it wasn't a "tabbed" one. They were both more dish-like. The bottom line is that it was easy enough to bend the thing over using a punch and a hammer. Sorry, but I don't have a part number handy. I'm assuming this part didn't change between years.

NOTE: 36mm socket required (at least on my bike). $6 at my local auto parts store. I'm amazed they had one in stock.

NOTE #2: Don't put the nut on backwards. It won't press tight against the lock washer (been there, done that, three days ago).

Hope this helps,

Garry

PS: 18/43 gearing rocks!