Re: [ST] Fieldsheer Highland One Piece Textile Suit

> Looking for opinions from folks that have actually worn this
suit.
> Worth the cost? Effective? Weatherproof? etc,...

Scott,
Last summer I walked into a new product intro by the Fieldsheer
rep at our dealership.  I tried on the Fieldsheer suit and was
very impressed with the quality, features and fit.  The armor is
excellent, there are pockets everywhere and you can have your
choice of several colors.  Did I mention the armor?  On the
negative side, I've seen two demo suits, one at Cascade and one
at the Seattle MC Show, with a zipper pull which had come off.

I've worn a Triumph Aspen suit since the summer of '01.  IMO, the
Fieldsheer is a much better suit than the one I own for less than
half the price.

One of my riding pals tried on the Fieldsheer in Seattle.  Being
barrel-chested but not tall, by the time he found a size which
fit his upper body, the knee armor was half-way to his ankles!
If you are able to wear off-the-rack sizes this shouldn't be a
problem.  On the weatherproof issue, suggest you treat any
waterproof breathable fabric gear with NikWax's TX Direct wash-in
waterproofing.  Go to www.nikwax-usa.com for info.

One of our RAT members has a Fieldsheer suit.  I forwarded your
request to her.  Here's her reply:

I bought the Fieldsheer Highland one piece riding suit last
summer.  The
first time I wore it was on a 1200 mile trip to Eastern Oregon.
I found it
to be a very versatile suit.  The ventilation was more that
adequate during
80+ degree weather.  I was also able to test the full liner
during much
cooler weather. I was never cold.  The suit itself has very good
wind
protection.  The quality and extent of the body armor is amazing.
I also
like the reflective piping which makes for superior visibility.
You won't
be disappointed!

Sharon

September in Oregon:  Sharon may not have realized that it was
actually over 100 in the Snake river canyons.  The next day on
the ride back to Portland, temps were in the high 30's & 40's.  I
wished I'd brought my liner!
HTH,
- -Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST