Re: [ST] Re: Brake Caliper

I think those are called Time-serts.  400gbp?!!!  Redracingparts.com in Italy sells New Brembo road calipers for 201.03 euros for black ones and 191.03 for silver ones.  But I don't want to deal with shipping costs.  It's been suggested that I should have the original hole filled (with aluminum) and then retapped.  Otherwise the Time-serts.  Although I'm going to do some more research on the heli-coils, I'm not sure if they will be strong enough.

At 01:25 PM 3/1/03 +0000, you wrote:
>Lex,
>
>I am sending my bike into the dealers on 11th March
>for a similar problem (stripped thread on caliper).
>They are looking at putting in a oversize steel insert
>that they tap into the caliper. Not sure what it's
>called, but I'll send more details once they have done
>it successfully. The alternative is a new caliper
>which is a horrendous expense ~ £400 fitten in UK.
>
> - Tim

Lex "Digital Dawg" Offer
reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx
2000 A Green Sprint ST (but not BRG)