Re: [ST] Insurance premiums up in CA

Blake,
  Just went through this myself at the end of Feb. I was with GMAC and was
paying $265.00 per YEAR. Got my renewal from them and it went to $$06.00 per
year. I just got insurance through Progressive for $370.00 a year for
Liability 100K/300K
Prop Damage 50K
Uninsured/Underinsured motorist 30K/60K
Uninsured Prop Damage 3.5K
Comprehensive  $250 Deduct.
Collision      $500 Deduct.
Custom Parts to 1K with 100 deduct.
Roadside Assistance    free

For a rider 56 male  clean record
A couple of months ago I dropped my bike in a parking lot on a curb and
exploded the fairing on the right hand side. Took out bottom, side and top
(windshield fairing) to the tune of $900.00. Not wanting my insurance to go
up and because it was a stupid mistake on my part, I did not turn in an
insurance claim as I had only paid in $ 265 and they would have had to pay
out $650. They raised my rates anyway and when I asked why the said because
they have had to pay out so many claims. The interesting thing was liability
cost of last year vs this year was:  liability stayed the same $29.00 Prop
damage stayed the same $15.00 Passinger lib the same at $14.00
Underinsured/Uninsured motorist the same at $109. Comprehensive went up from
$18. to $59 and Collision went up from $80. to $180.
Al