Re: [ST] Daytona 200

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 12:05:33PM -0500, Harries, Mort wrote:
> I had some time yesterday so I watched the race on SpeedTV.  Could they have
> done a worse job of it?  This was a taped race.  This was not live, but they
> managed to break away for commercials at all the wrong times, and leave out
> some of the most exciting parts of the race.

I'm not going to bitch about it because (after missing the delayed live
race on monday morning), I was just glad to see them air it in its
entirety.  They could have very easily just recapped the whole race in a
couple of seconds on Bikeweek, but they didn't.

The commercials are where they are because that's where they happened to
fall during the live race.  You really expect them to go through and
re-edit a 3 hour broadcast for one of their least-watched broadcasts
(speed has admitted lately that the least-watched car program far
outweighs the most-watched motorcycle program)?

Sheesh.

Laters,
Brian
- --