RE: [ST] Daytona 200

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:05:33 -0500, Harries, Mort wrote:

> had some time yesterday so I watched the race on SpeedTV.  Could they have
>done a worse job of it?  This was a taped race.  This was not live, but they
>managed to break away for commercials at all the wrong times, and leave out
>some of the most exciting parts of the race.
>
>Example:  In the early part of the race DuHamel was way out in front, being
>chased by 3 or 4 other guys (Yates, Bostrom, Roberts, I think).  Then there
>was a commercial break.  When the race came back on DuHamel was in 4th
>place.  Whaaat!!
>
>There were a number of similar badly timed commercial breaks.  I mean c'mon;
>when you're showing a taped race, you can move the breaks to the boring
>parts.  It really spoiled the whole race for me.

When SpeedTV replays a race they show exactly the live broadcast. I wish they
would re-edit for the reply, but they don't. The only exception are things like long red
flag stopages.
I wish they (everybody) would show live races "semi-live". Start live and then after
the first commercial, continue for exactly were they were by using tape. So by the
end of the race the broadcast would be N minutes behind.

>Ended up that some of the best parts of the race were the quite funny Yamaha
>commercials........

I agree that the home fixer-uper commercials were great.

David W. Funk
'00 Triumph Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA