Re: [ST] I might need a stock can for a week. Anyone willing to loan one?

Since when did California start inspecting vehicles to get them
registered? Was there something unique about your registration such
as bringing it in from another state or something?

>Anybody in the SF,CA  area have a stock can lying around which I
>might borrow?
>I did the hula hooping at DMV yesterday...  Duhhh.  the "improved"
>SS can doesn't have an EPA stamp on it.  The inspector and I looked
>and looked for the EPA stamp.  Fortunately I made it through the
>vehicle inspection.  Smiles, courtesy and willingness to help were
>the key.  I even called the local dealer and asked them "where is
>the EPA stamp.." "It's on the pipe"
>
>However, Sacramento can still reject the title transfer due to the
>missing EPA info.  If they demand to see the bike again (which they
>can), I would need to borrow a stock can for a week or so.
>
>Now that I am "legal" I can have some fun again..

- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned