[no subject]

Then it was a myriad combination of fantastic roads (all good) up thru
central Arkansas to Charlie's place.  Much drinking, bench racing and tall
tales ensued well into the night.  I rolled out the thermarest and Wiggy's
bedroll at about 2:00 am.

Sunday dawned.......COLD.  27 freakin F.  By 9:00 we were on the road to
Jay's and that Big Screen.  Cool beans.......well except for the minor fact
that the 200 got rained out.  We did see the 600 SS and the "Bikes Made
Weird" race.  Good Stuff, all.  But when it became apparent that the 200 was
not to be, we made ~other~ plans.  See, this was not really a bad thing.
The folks at Jay's and the folks from Charlie's decided it was time for a
group ride.  Or more like a strafing run as it turned out.  Those Arkansas
hills are some of the best riding in the whole country, and we made the best
of the day.  Lot's of back roads up into Missouri, then a cool ferry ride
across the Lake, more tight, twisty, rolling, sweeping, everything, roads
and back to Charlie's............did I mention yeee-haaaa???

OK, evening time and a few more brews with the crew and then bed time.
Monday morning dawned........COLD as F.  Brian and I loaded up and geared up
for the long cold ride home.  Only one minor problem, an ahhhh
pancake flat tire on the Viffer.  Luckily Brian had ALL the right tools to
fix his bike, including an electric air pump (gotta get one of those) and we
were on our way within the hour.

We made a slight alteration in our planned route due to the suspect tire.
In other words we took the direct "boring" route home.  It's funny how the
slab makes you feel much colder than the twisties.  We froze for half the
day anyway and droned back to "D".  But like I told Brian at one point;  my
worst day on the bike is still better than my best day doing anything else.
It was all a blast, and the adversity always makes for better bench racing
anyway.

STeve
Dallas